On July 8, 1973, Vijay Shekhar Sharma was born into a poor family in a small village nearby Aligarh. Vijay’s father was a simple schoolteacher, his beautiful mother was a housewife, and Vijay had three siblings. Talent is a perfume that colorations even in adversity. Despite being from a poor household. He has vast knowledge permitted him to pass Higher Secondary at the tender age of 14.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma wanted to be an engineer but didn’t have the financial capacity to do so. Some of the challenges he meets were probably related to the English language. Vijay Shekhar Sharma didn’t give up on himself. He told his beautiful mother that he wanted to be an engineer and that he was required to improve his English skills.
The small-town boy from Aligarh went from rag to riches and is the founder of the most trusted Technology brand across India that has changed digital insight over the years and it is none other than Paytm.
Table of Contents
- Height: His height is not known yet.
- Weight: He is a very healthy person. However, his height is not known to us yet.
- Eye Colour: We are not sure but we suppose he has black eyes.
- Hair Colour: He has black hair.
- Birthplace: He was born in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Zodiac Sign: As of now, we are not having any information concerning his zodiac sign.
- Age: He is 43 years old.
- Qualification: B.Tech from Delhi College of Engineering.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma Family
Vijay Shekhar Sharma was born to Sulom Prakash and Asha Sharma. He is wedded to Mridula Parashar and the beautiful couple has a son named Vivaan Sharma.
Hailing from a weaker section of society in Aligarh – a sleepy town in India’s most populous state of Uttar Pradesh, Vijay Shekhar Sharma belonged to a modest middle-class family that extremely emphasized educational values.
He completed his comprehensive schooling in the Hindi Medium, and he speedily and confidently overcame the hindrance of his lack of basic English language skills to grab a college admission. With polished English skills, his mother bagged admission into an impressive engineering college in Delhi.
We are not having any information concerning his involvement in any controversy. But he has different hurdles in his growth.
After seeing his different pictures, we don’t believe he is having any tattoos on his body.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma Profession
Vijay founded One97 Communications, the parent company of Paytm, in 2000. As of June 2021, One97 is among the worthiest unicorns in India. As of now, he is the founder of Paytm.
He founded Paytm in 2010 and in 2018, Warren Buffett invested nearly $300 million in the company. Although, in 1997, when he was pursuing his college studies, he began a website indiasite.net and later sold it for $1 million two years later.
Source Of Income
As we discussed above, he is a founder of Paytm. During 2018, Vijay’s net worth grew to $2.6 billion, which was close to Rs 18,000 crore.
Therefore, he was positioned at the 877th position among the 2,153 international billionaires. This happened despite the company Paytm was supposed to suffer a loss of Rs 3,393 crore.
Lesser-known Facts About Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- While still a student, in 1997, Vijay founded an online business with his friend Hari. In 1997, while still in his second year of college, Vijay founded a company called XS Corps.
- Sharma’s business, XS Corps, focused to build an Indian Search Engine.
- He planned to apply for the job at River Run Software, which proposed the best pay on campus, during his last years of college.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh honored him with the Yash Bharati Award, its highest civilian honor.
- In 2017, he was positioned among the top 100 influential persons by Time Magazine.
- In 2017, he earned the Dataquest IT Man of the Year Award.
- He also earned Businessman of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2016.
- He also emerged as India’s Hottest Business Leader under 40, identified by The Economic Times in 2015.
How To Plan The Perfect Thrilling Trek Around Chardham Yatra Destinations
Uttarakhand Chardham, the four temples in Uttarakhand, is a religious pilgrimage that tests one’s strength and stamina. Devotees walk...
Vivek Ramaswamy: Indian-American Tech Entrepreneur!
Vivek Ramaswamy is an American tech entrepreneur, Republican party activist, and author. On February 22, 2023, Vivek announced in an...
Who Is Gayatri Joshi? All You Need To Know About Gayatri Joshi!
Gayatri Joshi is a former Indian actress, model, and video jockey who worked in the Hindi film industry. During her...
Rathika Rose: Everything About The Big Boss Fame Telugu Actress!
Rathika Rose is an Indian model-turned-actress who works predominantly in the Telugu film industry. She was first noticed for her...
Shamna Kasim: All About The Malayalam Actress!
Shamna Kasim, also known by her stage name Poorna is an Indian film actress who works in Malayalam, Tamil, and...
Akhil Akkineni: Everything About The Young Telugu Actor!
Akhil Akkineni is an Indian actor who works in the Telugu cinema industry. At the early age of 1, Akhil...
Yuvaraj Dhayalan: All You Need To Know About The Tamil Director!
Yuvaraj Dhayalan is an Indian cinema director and scriptwriter who works in the Tamil film industry. He started his career...
Waheeda Rehman: All About The Veteran Actress!
Waheeda Rehman is a legendary Indian actress who worked predominantly in Hindi films. In her career spanning over five decades...
Sanjeev Mantri: New MD & CEO Of ICICI Lombard General!
Sanjeev Radheyshyam Mantri is the newly designated Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Lombard General Insurance, one of...
Srijit Mukherji: Everything About The Indian Film Director!
Srijit Mukherji is an Indian director, screenwriter, and actor who works primarily in Bengali films. After his stint in the...